Hi everyone! For all new students and families at Santiago school, allow me to introduce myself. I am the K-8th grade Spanish teacher at Santiago Elementary. This will be my second year as a Spanish teacher, and 3rd school year at Santiago school overall. I started speaking and learning Spanish when I was 2 years old so I could speak to my Mexican paternal grandparents in their native language. English is my first language I learned from my mother who is an indigenous woman. I have been speaking Spanish for 25 years of my life. I love when I find my voice and personality in Spanish. I find Spanish conversations so special because the different accents from all Spanish-speaking people are always beautiful. I love teaching Spanish because I want my students to connect more to their Latinx families. My degree is in Communication, so I also want my students to grow confidence in speaking Spanish and public speaking. I also studied Latin American and Latino Studies so Latinidad is in my soul. Some fun facts about me are: 1.) I am an only child 2.) I also studied radio and television broadcasting. 3.) My favorite Latinx artists are Selena, Los Tigres Del Norte, Celia Cruz, Daddy Yankee, Bad Bunny, Nicky Jam, Buena Vista Social Club, Aventura, Santana, Becky G and J. Balvin. We’re going to have a positive and fun school-year together! If you have any questions, please contact me via email: email@example.com .
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Aug. 2019 - Present) - Masters of Arts in Teaching Spanish/Maestría en Artes en Enseñanza del Español
- Illinois Media School (Class of 2016) - Radio & Television Broadcasting/radiodifusión y televisión
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Class of 2015) - Bachelors of Arts in Communication, Minor in Latin American & Latino Studies/Bachilleres de artes en la comunicación, asignatura secundaria de Estudios Latinoamericanos y Latinos
- Lake View High School (Class of 2011)
- Maria Saucedo Scholastic Academy (Class of 2007)